Thursday 2 December 2010

Open Studio's cockpit arts and Clerkenwell

Last week I took my Friday afternoon off and headed over to the Hoborn Cockpit arts and Clerkenwell open studios with Craft Central.
I must admit, cockpits arts blew me away, the quality of work for all of the artist was amazing. I bought some Christmas presents from Thornback and Peel, gorgeous birthday cards from Claire Coles. I also loved the papercut by Nahoko Kojima and ceramic goldfinches by Shan Annabelle Valla.
I bumped into Lauren Moriarty, whose work was recently in crafts magazine. Lauren has been a massive help to me throught my final year at Loughborough University and since setting up on my own. She creates so great lights which have moving butterflies and has recently moved into using more traditional materials and techniques which she exhibited at 100% Design this year.
Shan Annabelle Valla's goldfinches
Shoe Tree by Claire Coles

Lauren's Studio

I headed over to Made In Clerkenwell, the studio and saw jewellery designer Laura Gravestock, I last met Laura at a contemporary design far in Islington. I love angles in her promise collection.

Laura Gravestock, Promise Collection

No comments: