Monday 7 March 2011

Shining the light on sustainabily workshop

I am pleased to say that the workshop last Saturday was a huge success. I really enjoyed the day and everyone left with smiles on their faces and lampshades tucked under their arms. I had four lovely ladies for the day, each of them made very different lampshade designs, it was really exciting to see how they would all turn out!

The workshop was at Debbie Bryan's studio and shop, in the Lace Market, Nottingham. It was a fabulous space to work in, we were surrounded by inspirational work by British Designers, original lace patterns, as well as some of my framed pieces, wall flowers and British Hedgerow cushions.






The light above was created by Hazel, she did a brilliant city scape design. Without the light in the middle it is hard to see the full effect of the lampshade.


Below is a fabulous mad hatters tea party design. This design is extremely elegant and unfortunately there wasn't enough time to make this into a light but I am hoping we will get some brilliant pictures sent over. I definitely think this one is going to be a winner! 

No comments: