Friday 26 March 2010

Ideal Home, Thursday 25th March 2010




I arrived early for my first 11 hour day manning the Design Factory stand we have at the Ideal home show! It was a long day and when i arrived I saw they had put this awful purple carpet down when we were meant to have white! Things were clashing and just not great!

I met some really lovely people who appreciate designer makers work and had plenty of comments about how we were the best stand there which was amazing!! Plenty of people signed up to the news letter and were genuinely interested in what we do!

I also had to compete with the usual, thats too expensive, why does that cost so much... it can be hurtful because they are basically saying that even though we have had a university education, years of training and have made one-off hand-made bespoke pieces our time is worth maybe £1 an hour if that..... I'm certain other trained professionals don't work for this amount so why must we?

But on a high note I'm off to do my second day, this one isn't as long only 8 hours and Neil is coming to join me from 1pm so i can have a break today!


No comments: