Saturday 7 August 2010

The first day of the Edinburgh Fringe Festival


Spent the morning walking around Edinburgh seeing the beautiful shops and seeing what shows were on! I enjoyed groups such as the nuns slowly walking and creating ‘small performances to entice you to their shows.’


The first show of my fringe experience was seeing Adam Riches performing a sketch show. I was glad this show was free, I mean I did enjoy show but spent a lot of it in constant fear about being dragged up to the front so we then headed over to see the Magnets a cappella group which also includes beat boxing. The average age of the show has sky rocketed but beat boxing voices did not disappoint, I wanted the shake it up and made it more modern but thankfully even when you could see them struggle with the dad dancing it didn’t affect the singing, and I was very impressed.
 
That evening started with an event at the owl and lion. The shop stocked beautiful prints, hand-made books, screen-printed cards. It was treasure chest of wonderful work by talented designers and illustrators. 

Then headed over to see frisky and mannish, school of pop show! One of the best things I have ever seen. Both of them had amazing voices, brilliant stage presence, faultless impressions and a connection with the audience; I could have listened to both of them all night. By the end of the show I wanted to head down to Brighton to become their friend, sit in a pub and burst into witty and random songs which remind you of going to school discos.

Perfect first day!

No comments: