Monday 24 January 2011

Paper lampshade workshops start in March

I am giving my first Shining the light on sustainability workshop at Debbie Bryan's Studio and Shop in Nottingham on the 5th of March 2011. I brought a couple of friends into the studio this weekend to have a trial run and make sure the planned workshop worked smoothly.

Researching and planning the final design

Tasha Drawing out her final design

Starting to cut out the design
Practicing rolling the lampshade
The final product
As well as drawing, cutting and making the lampshade with the recycled papers I will be showing all my work from the research stage through the drawing to show how I get from the first idea to the final piece. I will also be showing different types of eco fabrics including bamboos and hemps to show how eco fabrics are changing and developing.

The workshop worked really well and the final products were gorgeous! Very excited about the 5th of March, you can book a place via this link, looking forward to seeing you there!


No comments: