Thursday 20 January 2011

Top Drawer Jan 2011

After the success of Top Drawer 2010 I decided to rejoin Design Gap and show with them at Top Drawer 2011 this January. There was a lot of prep which needed to be done by myself and the team here at the studio but with a very special thanks to Nicole Wade and Alison Baxter we got the job done and we were very proud of the end result. We were close to other designers such as textile designer Emma Burton, who's work I love and have brought some of her items before and product designer and skilled photographer Charles Churchman, who was recently in the Telegraph's magazine for his acrylic egg cups.



We also had a busy time getting the cushions ready for the Indigo Lounge, the VIP buyer lounge at the event. It's a place to get free tea and coffee and have a chance to sit down, I was delighted when I got the phone call from the Indigo Lounge designer asking me to help with the styling. 



Like many exhibitors the show did start off slowly, but it definitely ended in a bang and then to top it all off winning a bottle of Champagne in a twitter competition set up by Top Drawer! Now its back to the studio.....


2 comments:

KatGotTheCream said...

Good to hear you had a good show! The stand looked fab. I used to visit Top Drawer in my previous role as an editor and I really miss it. Must get myself back there soon. Congrats on a lovely range of products!!
Kathryn

Lorna Syson said...

thank you so much Kathryn, well if you get the chance you should pop by in September, I image the show would be more fun if you are not working at the same time! x