Monday 31 May 2010

Japanese Matt showing at the Interior Lifestyle show, Tokyo 2-4th June 2010

I was asked to design a Japanese mat to match my interior collection to show at the Interior Lifestyle show in Japan this June.

I created the matt from my digitally printed chrysanthemum pattern and 100% wool felt for the panels and the three-dimensional flowers The flowers are created so they spring up as soon as they are un-rolled. I have used some of the same matching fabric to created the ties for when the matt is rolled.

The mat inner is made from 100% recycled wool and 100% cotton. The recycled wool mat is great for people who have allergies because dust mites cannot live in the wool. More than 55% of allergies are from dust mites in soft furnishings.

The mat is being shown along with 9 other British designers who have also designed mats to the same specifications but based on their own brands.

I have also sent 10 new wall flowers varying in sizes and designs to dress the British stand at the Interior Lifestyle show.

No comments: