Thursday 13 May 2010

ICFF prep begins

After having such an amazing and busy day yesterday its not surprising we slept in late, so we went for brunch at an NYC dinner. It has been a really grey day and with a massive fire on east 14th street this morning there was a smokey smell to the east village.
We went up the 34th street to head over to the ICFF to see how the show was looking and between penn station and the Javits exhibition centre I walked past the webster apartments which is where I used to live when I was out here on my placement!


The Javits centre is HUGE, as well as ICFF there is a stationary show on called Surtex so lots of stands being set up and carpets being laid down. We found my space and spent the afternoon putting the flowers up, this means that all the walls are now done and we just need to dress the stand itself.

We then went to dinner at the Thai restaurant called Thai select, with one of the other exhibitors which was around the corner which we always used to go to on Sunday evenings when I was living at the webster, I'd been telling Hana how amazing the food was so I was really pleased that everyone's meals lived up to my memory

After dinner we walked up through times square to go to a hotel on 55th street where our host was playing a DJ set.




No comments: