Tuesday 4 May 2010

6 days until departure and I'm meeting Sir Terence Conran

Its only 9.30 and already I have had a very exciting morning! Set aside the fact on the ICFF website my name and website are spelt Lorna Syon instead of Syson (which should be changing as we speak) I have spoken to the organisers of the Fabric Fantasia exhibition and they have asked myself and Hana (because we have experience in fashion) to help with the styling of the stand.

It should be an amazing exhibition, the 2D models are being created by designer Susan Woods, I'm heading over to her studio in the Brooklyn Navy Yard, Dumbo on the 11th of May to see how the pieces are coming along. She is creating a series of 15-20 free-standing life-sized figurines made from used and found materials such as scrap metal, drift wood, timber, cardboard etc.

The person in charge of the styling is a MA fashion design graduate from the RCA called Stefan Orschel-Read. He is an acclaimed London-based British fashion designer who has agreed to create the styling of the figures in-situ artistic installation pieces.

I have also been informed that on the Saturday and Sunday we are having breakfast and talks with Hugely famous and amazing designer Conran! This is such an amazing opportunity. He is there to support the British designers who are showing at ICFF this year

No comments: