Tuesday 20 July 2010

Dame Kelly Holmes

Last night I was lucky enough to meet Dame Kelly Holmes. She is the double olympic gold medal winner who has now set up a health and fitness program with The Village Hotel Gyms.

It was a great night hearing her inspirational talk about her ups and downs during her carrier and it was something I really needed to hear after having a bad day. I was delighted at how personable Kelly was and at the end of the evening went over and said hi and showed her some of my work.



My business was set up with help form the Princes Trust and Kelly works closely with the Trust supporting all their brilliant work. She was interested in what I had been doing since I received my development loan and was especially impressed when I said I had shown my work at the ICFF in New York and the Interior Lifestyle show in Tokyo.

This is the card she signed for me saying congratulations and keep up the great work. This is now being pinned up in my studio next to the mood board for the new Eco-friendly range being launched at 100% Design this September.

I got the chance to say a massive thank you to Kelly this morning while I was doing my morning workout and said I was now off to have a productive day. She said, "when things are a struggle it just makes you more determined to try harder and prove to everyone you have what it takes."..... and that is what I will do.

Thank you again to Kelly

1 comment:

Will @ Bright.Bazaar said...

This is so inspiring to read, Lorna. Glad you had the chance to meet her and you deserve all the success you get. I'm rooting for you!

Will