Monday 25 October 2010

In London town and around


I went to an event which the princes trust put on for it's volunteers, it shows the volunteers and mentors what work the princes trust has been doing in the area, I went along with some of my work to show how the trust has supported my business and how it has grown.


I was also lucky enough to be invited to the party celebrating the clothing brand Eden Park sponsoring the Rugby Football Union at the Kensington roof gardens. It was a wonderful night with examples of the Eden Park clothes. I celebrating the evening with two friend of mine from university, Scarlett and Francie, who i share my London studio with Scarlett (left) is also a textile designer with a passion for cupcakes and creating her own recipes! She is based in Oxford check out her cupcake blog


I have also had a busy week with completing orders. Above is a 90cm x 90cm heart made for a private order. It was a challenge and also great fun creating this heart as it is the largest I have made to date. The heart is being sent out this week and I will post pictures of how it looks in situ!


I also sent out orders to a number of new stockiest around the country including the Arteria shop, Gallery 23 in Lancaster, the craft shop at the royal exchange theatre, Manchester and the Bankfield Museum in Halifax which also has a permeant costume and textile exhibition


I have also added the new products to the website of the framed flowers and hearts, these have been very popular. Check out all the different colours on the website, and I will add more as they are being made shortly. Pieces can be made to order so if you would like a specific colour way just give me a call!


Check out the article by the Irish house and home magazine showing the top trends for 2011. The ruffle cushion has been selected, check out the article here.

There are also a number of foreign language blogs about Lorna Syson Textiles, if you would like to see them check them out here!


1 comment:

Will @ Bright.Bazaar said...

So many exciting things happening for you, Lorna, which is awesome! I can't wait to see what that heart looks like in situ and the ruffle cushion is my favourite yet!