Thursday 15 April 2010

Proud to be a British designer!

I've recently returned back from BCTF, where I was showing on stand number N13 in the newcomers section, and I can honestly say I was so amazing by the high quality of work and design by all of the 200 exhibitors who were showing their work. 

It was great to see so many brilliant and ideas all in one place and I was truly amazed by so many of the products available.

I spoke to a range of really interesting people from, interior designers, to galleries to small boutiques and the feedback and orders I received meant I came back tired but uplifted and excited!

I also was really lucky with the exhibitors who were showing on the adjacent stands, we were all is the same boat and kept it other going with chats through out the day.


  

Above are pictures from left to right of Kirsty Shaw Lighting Design, Love Textiles and Creme Nouveau. These were the other exhibitors who were in my section.

The first image show Kirsty from  Kirsty Shaw Lighting Designer, she was showing on stand N32. She creates stylish lighting, originating from a passion of colour and simple shapes, and constructed by employing unusual and innovative plastic techniques in her workshop to make perfectly fitting elements to create her lights, coasters and brooches.

The second picture shows Donna from Love textiles on stand number N31. She appliqués vintage and recycled fabrics with a nostalgic flavor to show images inspired by local landscapes.

The Third image shows Kat from Creme Nouveau, on stand number N13. She creates quirky, kitsch handmade jewelry and accessories made with cast resin, vintage finds and love. Inspired by nostalgia and decadent glamour. I tired on the necklaces and love them, I was surprised at how well they sat on the neck which is something Kat carefully considered and adapted when designing the necklaces.

I had a brilliant weekend and now its time to make and send out the orders... and get ready for the next one in NEW YORK!!

No comments: