Tuesday 27 April 2010

Getting excited about going to NEW YORK!

I'm getting really excited about ICFF! It is now 12 days until I jet off to New York City with Hana Moss! We are really lucky because we have found a really cool looking place to stay in the East Village with AirBnb,  I haven't been back to New York since i finished my placement with Diane Von Furstenberg in their printed textiles department over two years ago! I'm getting excited to go back to some of our favourite places such as Piano's and Max Fish Bar!

At ICFF I am showing with BEDG, we are group of British designers who are representing British Interior design in the USA. I have been really lucky that the chamber of commerce has supported me by giving me a grant to cover the cost of the stand!

It has been a massive challenge to work out the best way to dress my large 3m by 1.5m stand, but with a lot of research and to scale drawings I think I have now cracked it.... (pictures will follow to show once the stand has been set up)

Now its just the case of working out how much baggage Virgin Atlantic will let me take and how best to pack to make sure everything stays a pristine as when I packed them as well as keeping under the weight limit and being able to carry and transport things once I get to New York!

No comments: